Advanced Personal Trainer, Manager or Services Coordinator
Do you want to be a Advanced Personal Trainer, Manager or Services Coordinator?
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a range of activities and functions within the fitness industry. These individuals have substantial depth of knowledge to plan, conduct and evaluate advanced exercise programs using principles of program design, and progressed anatomy and physiology knowledge to support delivery of functional, effective and safe exercise programs. They have specialist skills to independently implement current approaches supported by evidence, and establish strategies for the prevention of recurrence of injury with guidance from medical or allied health professionals where appropriate. The qualification does not provide the skills and knowledge for an individual to provide advice or exercise instruction to high risk clients, other than to refer the client to an appropriate medical or allied health professional.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diversity of fitness industry businesses including fitness centres, gyms, aquatic facilities, community facilities and in open spaces, where risk management (through risk assessment and hazard control processes) does not already exist. Individuals who specialise in Fitness Service Coordination develop collaborative programs across various health and wellness sectors. They have knowledge of relevant local and national health networks, and the skills to build and maintain stakeholder relationships. Individuals who specialise in Management manage and support a team of fitness professionals. This involves mentoring staff on business skills and technical skills. These individuals have skills and knowledge in marketing and sales; business analysis; time and financial management; recruiting and retaining personal trainers.
What are you waiting for, start your journey into a new career in fitness today. Fill in the form below, download the information pack or just get on the phone and have a chat on 1300 887 017.
Outcomes & Job Opportunities
Graduates are able to:
- work in a variety of environments e.g. Hospital, fitness centre, private home, portable gym
- deliver exercise for ‘at risk’ populations in collaboration with and under the guidance and supervision of allied health professionals e.g. Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists
- deliver higher level fitness training, sports conditioning,sports training
- manage GP referrals requesting admission into and supervision with specific approved programs
- liaise with a range of other professionals from both the health and fitness industries and engage in project management and health promotional activities
- carry out the functions of middle management including staff management and training.