FIT College MISSION STATEMENT
FIT College was formed with one simple goal: To graduate quality Personal Trainers ready to start a career in fitness, in any fitness environment. Since our inception, we have worked tirelessly to provide high quality fitness courses, practical and varied learning materials, and a broad range of interesting and helpful resources to create the highest quality courses available. FIT College also operates FC Education which delivers Fitness Training, Education & Business Courses, and Fitness Management courses.
Our core values define how we operate as a Registered Training Organisation. They are:
- Operate with honesty
- Work with integrity & dignity
- Show commitment
- Grow with flexibility to adapt & change
- Demonstrate respect for all cultural backgrounds, values & beliefs
- Strive to deliver the highest-quality of training & assessment
- Create high quality and industry-ready graduates
FIT College Terms and Conditions
1. COURSE REGISTRATION
- By agreeing to the course registration, all parties are liable for the full cost of purchased product(s).
- Individuals who agree to the course registration acknowledge having read and understood the FIT College Terms and Conditions, Student Handbook, and any accompanying third-party company terms.
- If the purchaser of the course is not the prospective learner, all parties must complete a registration agreement.
- Adjustments to enrolment after registration must be authorised by FIT College before being actioned. Please refer to the Student Handbook under Learner Action Requests for further information.
- Failure to complete an online enrolment within (7) days will affect course accessibility and availability.
2. COURSE DELIVERY
- All VET courses offered by FIT College are nationally recognised.
- For FIT College fitness courses on scope, please visit training.gov.au/Search/SearchOrganisation and search the name FIT College.
- Completion of the course is the learner’s responsibility, and the learner will still be liable for all associated costs with the course, whether the course is completed or not.
- All learners have an allowable time of 12 months to complete each individual certification level (i.e. Certificate III or Certificate IV in Fitness) and 24 months for completion of a Diploma. The allowable time of other products are specified within your registration contract.
- Should the learner not complete within the allowable time, an extension can be purchased. For fee structure, please see ‘Fees’ section.
- If the learner has been expired for 30 days or longer and requests to continue studies, they will be required to re-enroll.
- Completion date is the date that the fitness education student’s final assessment task in any full qualification or short course is marked as competent.
- Certificate issue date is the date when all financial and education requirements for the purchased product has been fulfilled. For financial requirements, please see ‘Product Purchase’ section
- FIT College issue digital certificates to student’s registered email account. Hard copies and replacements of a damaged or lost certificated may be requested however, fees apply.
- For cost of hard copy of certificate, please see ‘Fees’ section.
3. LEARNER OBLIGATIONS
- Learners agree to:
- Attend the fitness course by the agreed mode of study, on the agreed starting date, for the agreed course duration until course completion.
- Pay all fitness course costs.
- Adhere to any student visa conditions at all times; and
- Adhere to the Student Handbook, Terms and Conditions, behavioral requirements, and any lawful directions from FIT College, its staff, representatives, and agents.
- If the learner is under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must confirm the registration and the product purchased.
- The minimum age for fitness education enrolment is 16 years old.
4. FIT COLLEGE OBLIGATIONS
- FIT College shall ensure that all training, assessment and issuance of AQF certification documentation meets the requirements of SRTO 2015.
- FIT College shall provide the course to an enrolled student at the agreed mode of study, on the agreed starting date, for the agreed course duration until course completion.
- FIT College may refuse to provide the course, or continue to provide the course due to;
- The student fails to pay course fees;
- Breach of student visa conditions; or
- Misbehaviour of student.
- Should FIT College not be able to uphold its obligation to an enrolled student, FIT College may:
- Arrange placement into an alternative course, at FIT College’s expense; or
- Permit a refund as per Refunds section.
- FIT College ensure all relevant student records are current and accurate.
- FIT College retain student records for a minimum of 26 weeks after completion date.
- FIT College retain government funded student records for a minimum of 7 years after completion date.
- FIT College reserves the right to dispose of materials not claimed after the retention period has lapsed.
- Records are available to the student upon request.
- Requests for records on behalf of a student must have authorisation.
- FIT College will NOT release your details to any third-party unless authorisation has been provided.
- FIT College shall keep records of enrolled students who have paid any tuition fees for a course provided, consisting of:
- the student’s current residential address.
- the student’s mobile phone number (if any).
- the student’s email address (if any).
- the student’s emergency contact; and
- any other details prescribed by the regulations.
- The student must notify FIT College of any chances to the details above, within 7 days of the change.
- FIT College shall record up to date outcomes of an accepted international student’s completed topics of study that have been assessed, in accordance with any requirements prescribed by the regulations.
- FIT College shall retain these records for at least 2 years after the student ceases to be an accepted international student.
- The student is responsible for keeping a copy of this written agreement as supplied by the registered provider, and receipts of any payments of tuition fees or non-tuition fees.
6. PRODUCT PURCHASE
- The qualification must be paid in full before FIT College can issue the certificate.
- FIT College shall comply with Australian Consumer Law and replace or refund faulty or incorrect products at purchased cost.
- Return of the faulty or incorrect product is at the cost of the purchaser.
- Occasionally, special offers will be made available to prospective learners.
- Prospective learners are only able to make use of one offer per enrolment: and
- Future offers that become available after a student has enrolled cannot be applied retrospectively.
- Some prospective learners may be eligible for government funding.
- To determine eligibility for funding, the learner must provide FIT College with proof of identity, proof residency and Australian or New Zealand citizenship.
- Should the learner not be eligible or failed to supply the required documents, consenting parties will remain liable for the full cost of course; and
- Should the learner receive government funding toward a FIT College course, this may impact the learner’s eligibility to obtain government funding elsewhere in future.
7. COOLING OFF PERIOD
- There is a 72-hour cooling off period (inclusive of weekends/public holidays) that begins when the registration contract is agreed to by all consenting parties.
- Within the 72-hour cooling off period you can terminate or adjust your registration. See section 11 for further information.
- The cooling off period ceases when any of the following occur:
- 72 hours has passed since your registration was agreed to.
- You have attended a class as part of the course of study.
- You have logged into the student platform; or
- You have accessed any material associated with your course either as hard copy or digital copy.
- Upon completion of the cooling off period, consenting parties are liable to uphold their learner obligations, including financial agreement.
8. DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT PLAN
Enrolments not associated with a direct debit payment plan can disregard the following items.
- Direct debit payment plans are established through the third-party direct debit service provider ‘FFA PaySmart’.
- The PaySmart direct debit service agreement is provided to consenting parties.
- Adjustments to an existing direct debit payment plan, requested by consenting parties of a registration, must be authorised by FIT College before being actioned. Please refer to the Student Handbook under Learner Action Requests for further information.
- FIT College recognise FFA PaySmart and its subsidiaries.
- FFA PaySmart Product Disclosure Statement & Service Agreement are provided in the registration process.
9. MARKETING & RECRUITMENT
- FIT College ensures all marketing and recruitment practices meet the requirements of SRTOs 2015.
- FIT College shall not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct in connection with recruitment or marketing.
- FIT College shall maintain a list of all its Education Agents and publish that list on its website; and in any other manner prescribed by the regulations.
- Information provided to learners avoids vague or ambiguous statements and false or misleading comparisons with other providers or qualifications.
- At times FIT College may use third party companies. In these circumstances:
- FIT College are not responsible for any of their websites, products, or services; and
- Use of Third-party content is at your own risk.
- Within the cooling off period, a withdrawal fee of $125.00 (per enrolment) is applicable.
- An administration fee of $250 (per enrolment) applies to approved course withdrawals.
- Additional fitness education course support for students cost a fee of $60.00 per hour.
- A hard copy of a certificate may be requested for a fee of $50.00 per certificate.
- Extension to course’s allowable time cost a fee of $100.00 per month.
- A postage fee of $5.00 applies for the re-post of products
- Changes to study mode incurs administration fees. Refer to the Student Handbook under ‘Changes to study mode’ for further information.
- International (ESOS) Students have a $500 enrolment fee to pay in addition to the course costs which is required to be paid upon enrolment.
- International student (ESOS) course costs and fees vary and can be subject to discount, all fees associated with the cost of courses purchased are outlined in the written agreement.
- International (ESOS) Students can pay their tuition fees in the following ways
- For each term, prior to each term
- For each Semester, prior to each semester
- For each year, prior to each year
- Direct debit payments may be suspended for a maximum total of (8) weeks per direct debit plan.
- A direct debit suspension can only be authorised after:
- A minimum of (1) direct debit payment has settled; and
- A total of $500.00 has been paid to the account.
- PaySmart Fee’s and Payments are as follows:
- Each defaulted payment through PaySmart direct debit will incur a $15.00 default fee which is capped at $45.00 prior to the account being Archived.
- Credit Card payments may incur surcharges.
- A setup fee of $5.50 is debited along with your first payment with PaySmart.
- Administration fees are debited by PaySmart as follows:
- Weekly payments incur a $1.30 administration fee; fortnightly payments incur a $1.95 administration fee; and monthly payments incur a $2.95 administration fee.
- Failure to amend payments as an Archived Account with PaySmart direct debit will result in the account presented to ARMA Debt Collection.
Refer to the Student Handbook under ‘FFA PaySmart’ for further information.
- FIT College is not required to provide a refund if:
- The student withdraws from the fitness course(s).
- The student has changed their mind.
- Student fails to pay an amount they were liable to pay; or
- Student’s personal, financial, or family circumstances have changed.
- The student was refused a student visa due to the student’s failure to start the course at the location on the agreed starting day; or
- The student has breached a condition of their registration agreement.
- FIT College will provide a partial refund if:
- The student has identified a terminal illness or permanent disability after registration.
- FIT College is unable to provide the course for which the registration and payment has been made; or
- A credit that relates to an overpayment.
- A Registration Contract (letter of offer, application, and enrolment form) are legally binding documents. If you have paid in full, please review our refunds clause.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- FIT College may adopt appropriate clauses from time to time for the management of operational requirements or to meet legal obligations.
- FIT College reserve the right to withdraw or vary Terms & Conditions at any time which must be adopted by all fitness education course students.
- FIT College Terms & Conditions are located on the student platform and company website for the public to view.
- These terms and conditions, and the right to make complaints and seek appeals of decisions and actions under various processes, does not affect the rights of the student to take action under the Australian Consumer Law if the Australian Consumer Law applies.
13. FIT COLLEGE OBLIGATIONS TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
FIT College Obligations to International Students:
- FIT College shall comply with the ESOS Act, the ESOS Regulations, and the National Code.
- FIT College shall notify its ESOS agency as soon as practicable if it becomes aware that an associate or high managerial agent is failing to comply with section 17 of the ESOS Act.
- FIT College shall notify its ESOS agency, within 10 business days or as soon as practicable before the change, of:
- any event that would significantly affect its ability to comply with the ESOS Act.
- any change of ownership of FIT College; or
- any prospective or actual change in relation to a related person of FIT College.
- FIT College is bound by the ESOS Act to provide its ESOS agency with relevant student information, within 31 days or as soon as practicable, when:
- FIT College accepts a student enrolment.
- an excepted student fails to commence their course when expected.
- an accepted students’ studies are terminated.
- any change in the identity or duration of an accepted student’s course.
- any breach of prescribed conditions of a student visa of an accepted student; or
- any other prescribed matter relating to accepted students.
- FIT College shall pay relevant charges under the Education Services for Overseas Students (Registration Charges) Act 1997 and the Education Services for Overseas Students (TPS Levies) Act 2012, while it is, and intends to be, a registered provider.
- FIT College shall send an accepted student a written notice if the student has breached a prescribed condition of a student visa, even if the student has ceased to be an accepted student of the provider, as soon as practicable after the breach.
- The notice will contain particulars of the breach and require the student to attend in person before an officer (within the meaning of the Migration Act 1958) at a specified place within 28 days after the day specified in the notice as the date of the notice, for the purpose of making any submissions about the breach and the circumstances that led to the breach; and state that the student must present photographic identification when so attending; and set out the effect of sections 137J and 137K of that Act.
- Students facing default due to misbehaviour will be afforded natural justice prior to FIT College refusing to provide, or continue providing, the course to the student at the agreed location.
14. INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEES
- FIT College shall not receive, in respect of an overseas student or intending overseas student, more than 50% of the student’s total tuition fees for a course before the student has begun the course; unless:
- the student, or a person who is responsible for paying those fees, chooses to pay more than 50% of the overseas student, or intending overseas student’s, total tuition fees for a course before the student has begun the course; or
- if the course has a duration of 25 weeks or less.
- FIT College maintains an account with an Australian ADI (within the meaning of section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001) for fees received prior to an overseas student or intending overseas student, course commencement. FIT College shall credit this account within 5 business days of receiving prepaid course fees.
- FIT College shall ensure that there is a sufficient amount standing to the credit of the account to repay all tuition fees to every overseas student or intending overseas student in respect of whom tuition fees have been paid to the provider and who has not yet begun the course that the provider is to provide to the student.
- FIT College shall only withdraw from the account to pay a refund only if:
- the amount is withdrawn to provide a refund under section 46D, 47D or 47E of the ESOS Act to, or in relation to, a relevant student; or
- the provider arranges, under section 46D, for a relevant student to be offered a place in an alternative course at the provider’s expense and the amount is withdrawn to pay the alternative provider in relation to the relevant student; or
- the amount is withdrawn to pay the TPS Director under section 50C in relation to the relevant student.
- Should FIT College enter into an arrangement with one or more other providers to provide the course jointly, students will be required to pay their tuition fees to:
- FIT College and not directly to the other providers; or
- both FIT College and the other providers provided it is documented in writing and a receipt of tuition fees paid by students directly to any of the other providers is issued.
15. INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PREREQUISITE REQUIRMENTS
- Subject to the student’s educational background and country of origin, you may be required to provide evidence of your English proficiency to be able to study with us.
- Students are exempt from providing evidence of English language proficiency with their visa application if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Students who have completed at least five years of study in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland; or
- Citizens and passport holders of the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, or the Republic of Ireland; or
- Students who have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or study at Certificate IV level or higher in Australia within two years of applying for a student visa: or
- Students enrolled full time in school studies as a principal course (including secondary exchange programs), postgraduate research or a standalone ELICOS program; or
- Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored students.
- If the student does not meet the above criteria and English is not their first language, you will be required to provide proof of your English proficiency before you can commence your studies at FIT College. Students can provide this proof by showing that you have completed a relevant English language test. We accept results from four English language tests for student visa applications in Australia:
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System Academic) https://www.ielts.org/
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language: internet-based) http://www.ets.org/toefl/
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic https://pearsonpte.com/
- Cambridge English C1 Advanced (formerly CAE) and Cambridge English C2 Proficiency (formerly CPE)
- Refer to International Student guide for test score requirements.
16. PRIVACY STATEMENT
- FIT College is committed to complying with obligation under Privacy Act 1988, and the associated Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), specifically in the way it collects, uses, secures, and discloses personal information. FIT College is committed to safeguarding any confidential information obtained by the RTO. FIT College will ensure:
- Information gathered for the express purpose of training and assessment matters will not be disclosed to a third party unless prior written consent is provided by the individual concerned, except that required by law.
- The secure storage of all records.
- The confidentiality of all information maintained on records.
- Refer to the FIT College Refund Policy for further information.
17. Learner Action Requests
- A Learner Action Request (LAR) is action taken by a learner for a request to change their enrolment or registration contract. No changes are permitted if they conflict with FIT College Terms & Conditions, or until approved by FIT College. FIT College use the Student Platform aXcelerate as a platform for students to submit action requests. To submit an LAR, login to your Student Platform account and click on ‘Learner Action Requests’ under the ‘Student Resources’ tab. Each LAR link provides details to assist with the request submission. If for any reason you are unable to submit an LAR through the Student Platform, a written request must be sent from your registered email address to email@example.com.
- Appeals & Complaints. Reference Policy & Procedures
Accredited refers to the fitness courses that lead to a formal education such as Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
Allowable time refers to the amount of time a student is provided to complete courses enrolled in.
AQF means the Australian Qualifications Framework.
ASQA means Australian Skills Quality Authority.
Assessment is a process to determine the student’s achievement of expected learning outcomes and may include a range of written and oral methods and practice or demonstration.
Assessment Tasks are activities set for students that enable them to demonstrate the learning outcomes of a course and make it possible for markers to determine levels of achievement.
Business day means a day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or applicable public holiday to area.
Cancellation refers to termination of the registration contract to cease all financial obligations.
Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is a document which is issued by FIT College confirming your enrolment.
Course means a course of education or training. Courses can either be accredited or non-accredited education or training.
Credit Transfer is a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for components of a qualification based on equivalent content and learning outcomes of matched qualifications.
Enrolment refers to the enrolment form required to be completed by prospective learners to access course learning materials.
Expiration refers to the fitness education student’s allowable time ending. If a course has expired, access to course is removed.
Guarantor/biller refers to consenting parties electing financial responsibility for products purchased from FIT College.
Intake Date refers to the date in which the face-to-face learning is to commence.
Intellectual Property refers to intangible property that is the result of creativity, such as patents, or copyrights.
Learner refers to the individuals who intends or is currently studying and has completed a registration and course enrolment.
Marketing is the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.
Parent/guardian refers to the individual who has legal authority and responsibility to care for student/learner (inclusive of prospective and registered).
Product refers to the courses offered to purchase from FIT College.
Prospective Learner refers to the individual who intends on studying but are yet to complete registration and course enrolment.
Recruitment is the process of assisting prospective learners to apply for a place in a course with FIT College.
Registered Learner refers to the individuals who have completed registration but are yet to complete the course enrolment.
Registration is the agreement process for the prospective learner to purchase a course offered by FIT College.
RPL means Recognition of Prior Learning which involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal, and non-formal learning) to determine the possibility for a credit.
RTO means Registered Training Organisation
SRTO refers to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations which are standards all RTOs are required to uphold.
Student refers to a learner enrolled with FIT College to complete purchased course.
Study Mode refers to the method in which the fitness course is provided, such as online fitness study or face-to-face study.
Suspend means to temporarily prevent from occurring.
USI means Unique Student Identifier which is a reference number unique to each student that records training from January 1st, 2015.
VET means Vocational Education and Training.