COVID-19 & Fitness Industry Restrictions FAQs
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT VIRTUAL CLASSROOMS AND our PLAN for 2022, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR BE READY BROCHURE.
FIT COLLEGE IS HERE FOR YOU FOR THE LONG HAUL
FIT College as a company is here for the long haul. 2022 will be our 13th year of operation due to carefully planned growth since our inception, not relying on government funding and only opening a campus location when we know we can support the campus and staff correctly. We are a strong company and have successfully continued operating during the COVID-19 pandemic and after once vaccination mandates across different states have been imposed. We want to assure students that our level of student support has increased during this time to allow them to continue to study. As Australia continues to recover, there will never be a better time to be a qualified personal trainer. We believe once all COVID-19 threat passes, Health, Fitness and Wellbeing will be paramount to society, and you will be in a position to be part of the thriving fitness industry. Therefore, we want to make sure you graduate on time to make the most of the post-COVID-19 opportunities.
All FIT College Campus Coordinators and Online Coordinators are employed Full-time with FIT College and will continue to be accessible for student support during this time. In addition, our national team of teachers, Campus and Online Coordinators are available every day to provide integral support with your studies.
WHAT WE HAVE DONE DURING THIS TIME
Since the outbreak, FIT College implemented increased hygiene and cleaning for students and staff at all campuses and the National Head Office. We have also provided the opportunity for our staff to work from home where they have requested based on personal health and safety reasons and to be with family who may need extra support. Our students and our team are of the utmost importance to us, and we will do whatever we can to support them during this time.
To enable this, FIT College have moved our face to face classes to a flexible online virtual classroom designed to give you the same tuition to continue your learning journey from the comfort of your own home. In addition, FIT College is prepared to convert our classes immediately to ensure students' progress and learning experience are not affected in an eminent lockdown.
ADVICE TO OUR STUDENTS AND COMMUNITY (updated on January 14, 2022)
- No impact for enrolments to face-to-face study or access to a gym or fitness facility
- Face masks required in all indoor workplaces and gyms (masks can only be removed during strenuous exercise)
Source: qld.gov.au - 02.01.2022
Australian Capital Territory
- No impact for enrolments to face-to-face study or access to a gym or fitness facility (density limits apply)
- Face covering/masks requirements are in place for any person aged 12 or older
- Density limits apply (one person per two square metres in all indoor spaces)
Source: covid19.act.gov.au – 10.01.2022
New South Wales
- Access to gyms or fitness facilities – no restrictions
- Check-in into facilities with the Service.NSW app or provide your contact details to the occupier is required
- Face mask rules apply
Source: nsw.gov.au/covid-19 – 14.01.2022
- Students and workers must be fully vaccinated to attend face-to-face classes. Exceptions are in place for a valid medical exemption.
- Students will need to register their vaccination status once (first time) they attend the facility.
- Proof of vaccination needs to be provided upon enrolment to a face-to-face class
Source: vic.gov.au – 14.01.2022
- Masks in indoor public settings are required
- Gyms or fitness centres are operating normally with distancing rules - 1/7 density (indoor fitness facilities), 1/2 density if fitness classes are being held outdoors
- No restriction in place for face to face education
Source: Covid-19.sa.gov.au - 10.01.2022
- Education staff require to have administered a vaccine first dose by December 31 2021, and be fully vaccinated by January 31 2022
- From January 31 2022, proof of vaccination for people aged 16 years and over will be required to enter state-wide for several vicinities including gyms, fitness studios and centres
- People can show proof of vaccination either via the serviceWA app or paper-based form, along with acceptable forms of identification if they do not use the ServiceWA app to show proof
Source: wa.gov.au – 14.01.2022
- Check-In applies to facilities/locations
- Face masks must be worn by teachers and students
- Masks required in indoor sporting and exercise facilities except while doing intense physical exercise
Source: coronavirus.tas.gov.au - 24.12.2021
FIT College is proud to have comprehensive student support in place. These include:
- On-Campus student support – on demand or by booking ahead
- Virtual Support – Monday and Wednesday from 0400pm to 0500pm AEST
- Phone Support – Monday to Friday from 0700am to 0700pm
- Online Support – Seven days a week via our Cloud Campus communication system
- Stay home if you're sick
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people—think two big steps
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water or hand sanitiser
- Sneeze or cough into your arm or a tissue. Then put the tissue in the bin
- Wear a face mask when you're not able to keep 1.5 metres away from other people or whenever mandatory face masks are required
INTERNATIONAL BORDER CONTROL MEASURES
Please visit the Australian Department of Home Affairs for information and updates on Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Safety and wellbeing is FIT College's number one priority. Therefore, we will continue to follow the advice provided by Local, State and Federal Law and mandate the response and mitigation measures to COVID-19.
Please make sure you stay up-to-date with reliable sources such as:
- Queensland - qld.gov.au
- New South Wales - nsw.gov.au
- Victoria - vic.gov.au
- South Australia - sa.gov.au
- Western Australia - wa.gov.au
- Australia Capital Territory - act.gov.au
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
For further information and / or clarification on any of the above, contact FIT COLLEGE on 1300 887 017
For updated frequently asked questions, please visit our latest faq page.