The aim of the Stretch FIT Foundation Skills course is to provide foundation knowledge and practical overview for fitness professionals of the background, science and application of flexibility training. All participants must be qualified and registered at Certificate III Fitness level to participate in the course and to attain Fitness Australia CECs from participation in this course.
Foundation Skills course attendees should be able to:
- Understand the benefits of flexibility training and how these activities can be integrated into training programs.
- Understand the safety considerations and how to safely and effectively apply flexibility techniques to clients.
- Demonstrate the correct exercise techniques for different upper body, lower body and core muscle groups.
- Progress these exercises through a range of variables to cater for different client backgrounds and goals.
- Design basic flexibility programs.
Typical Workshop Timetable
- 0 – 1hr Foundation Flexibility Knowledge – Safety, Science, Techniques
- 1 – 2hr Practical – Lower Body Exercises
- 2 – 3hr Practical – Upper Body Exercises
- 3 – 4hr Practical – Partner Stretching Exercises
- 4 – 4:30hr Break
- 4:30 – 5hr Practical – PNF Stretching Techniques
- 5 – 6hr Program Design & Sequencing
- 6 – 7hr Summary and Assessment
- 7 – 8hr Course Finish