FIT COLLEGE INSURANCE
Our goal is to qualify the best personal trainers worldwide. To help you transition from student to successful fitness professional we have developed the most extensive insurance scheme currently available to the fitness industry for fitness professionals in partnership with Lea Insurance Brokers.
Our many years of experience in working with fitness industry networks in Australia and around the world have shown us the challenges faced by new personal trainers in gaining registration and sourcing the correct insurance cover for professional protection and employment security.
To provide our graduates and all fitness professionals with the best cover, in 2019, FIT College launched our very own fitness professional insurance scheme. This scheme provides student insurance while you study your fitness course with us, AND offers extensive fitness professional cover once you graduate.
STUDENT PROFESSIONAL COVER
Whether you are studying on campus or online, our Student Cover will protect you for all tasks performed under the qualification you are studying. Unlike other student insurance schemes, you do not need to be supervised by a fellow fitness professional. As long as you perform all the tasks as described in your assessment logbook and remain within scope of the qualification you are studying, you will be covered.
STUDENT INSURANCE DURING STUDY
During your study with FIT College, you may need to explain to other fitness professionals and business owners how you are covered by insurance for completing assessment tasks in their facility or under their supervision. Here is a summary of the insurance cover for students of FIT College.
- FIT College holds public liability insurance to cover all training and/or assessment activities it asks students tocomplete while study with FIT College. This cover does not include activities that are not part of the course oroutside the qualification scope of practice for fitness professionals.
- Our insurance does not cover Students materials and personal belongings for things such as theft and anythingelse not relative to Public Liability or Professional Indemnity.
- All facilities where we have a physical campus located and where we run face to face classes from have FIT College Included in their Public Liability and Professional Indemnity and they in turn are interested parties on our policies.
SCOPE OF STUDENT COVER
- SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness study
- SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness study
- At campus or online, supervised or unsupervised
- Performing the assessment tasks prescribed
Once you graduate, our fitness professional insurance scheme will cover you to work as a Gym Instructor or Personal Trainer. If included in your enrolment, you can start immediately as this cover is automatically activated when you receive your qualifications. No searching online for the right cover and no reading complicated insurance policies because we’ve done all the hard work for your first 12 months FREE. If you are a current fitness professional and are interested in this cover, please contact us on 1300 887 017.
SCOPE OF PROFESSIONAL COVER
- Professional Indemnity: $5,000,000
- Public Liability: $20,000,000
- Products Liability: $20,000,000
- 12 months of insurance from graduation (only if offered with Certificate III & IV in Fitness Package)
Cover is granted to you by FIT College through Lea Insurance Brokers underwritten by Lloyd’s of London. For more information, contact FIT College to talk to our amazing Careers Team.