Become an Advanced Personal Trainer, Manager or Services Coordinator
SIS50215 - Diploma of Fitness
A Diploma in Fitness (SIS50215) will give you the opportunity to take on a more advanced position in the fitness industry.
This qualification reflects the role of personal trainers who have specialist skills to train individual clients, or groups of clients, on a one-on-one or group basis, to improve health-related components of fitness in relatively low risk situations. This may include training of older clients and children.
They have a substantial depth of knowledge to plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training; provide leadership and guidance to clients and other staff; and deal with unpredictable situations applying defined guidelines and procedures from the fitness industry and the organisation.
Study ONLINE IN A BLENDED FORMAT OF THEORY AND PRACTICAL
Outcomes & Job Opportunities
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a range of activities and functions within the fitness industry. These individuals have substantial depth of knowledge to plan, conduct and evaluate advanced exercise programs using principles of program design, and progressed anatomy and physiology knowledge to support delivery of functional, effective and safe exercise programs.
They have specialist skills to independently implement current approaches supported by evidence, and establish strategies for the prevention of recurrence of injury with guidance from medical or allied health professionals where appropriate. The qualification does not provide the skills and knowledge for an individual to provide advice or exercise instruction to high risk clients, other than to refer the client to an appropriate medical or allied health professional. An Advanced Personal Trainer can:
- Design and deliver exercise programs under the guidance of an allied health practitioner for individuals and groups with a range of medical conditions.
- Work with allied health practitioners in a support role for clients with special fitness needs.
- Advise on difference areas of health and fitness
- Train in a variety of indoor and outdoor fitness settings.
- Develop management skills to own/operate a fitness business.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diversity of fitness industry businesses including fitness centres, gyms, aquatic facilities, community facilities and in open spaces, where risk management (through risk assessment and hazard control processes) does not already exist.
Individuals who specialise in Fitness Service Coordination develop collaborative programs across various health and wellness sectors. They have knowledge of relevant local and national health networks, and the skills to build and maintain stakeholder relationships.
Individuals who specialise in Management manage and support a team of fitness professionals. This involves mentoring staff on business skills and technical skills. These individuals have skills and knowledge in marketing and sales; business analysis; time and financial management; recruiting and retaining personal trainers.
Contact FIT College today to discuss your course options and opportunities in the Fitness Industry.
You can gain work as a:
- Advanced Personal trainer
- Fitness Services Coordinator
- Personal Training Manager
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
- Hold a current first aid (HLTAID003) and CPR certificate (HLTAID001) and:
- Have achieved a Certificate IV in Fitness; and
- Have at least 1 year post qualification fitness industry experience in the application of the skills and knowledge of the Certificate IV in Fitness.
Topics and Competencies covered in FIT College Diploma in Fitness (SIS50215)
Advanced Personal Training
Explores analysis of behaviour that impacts health, engage consumers, analyse service needs of particular groups and develop programs and services to meet those needs.
- SISFFIT028 – Apply evidence-based practice to exercise programs
- SISFFIT029 – Apply anatomy and physiology to advanced personal training
- SISFFIT030 – Instruct advanced exercise programs
- SISFFIT031 – Implement injury prevention strategies
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
Source and evaluate evidence for contemporary exercise programs and apply findings to the prescription of exercise by identifying and analysing information sources. You will incorporate an understanding of injury prevention into fitness instruction, programming.
- HLTPOP014 – Assess readiness for and effect behaviour change
- CHCCCS007 – Develop and implement service programs
- SISFFIT027 – Conduct health promotion activities
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Advanced Fitness Business
Undertake financial management within an organisation, including planning and implementing financial management approaches.
- BSBFIM501 – Manage budgets and financial plans
Develop Your Team
Discover how recruitment and how recruitment and selection practices fit with human resource functions. Develop skills to manage the performance of staff, coupled with regular and timely coaching and feedback.
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
- BSBHRM405 – Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- CHCMGT003 – Lead the work team
- CHCCOM002 – Use communication skills to build relationships
Enhancing Business Enterprise
Develop marketing plan objectives and learn how to action necessary improvements, as well managing risks in any industry setting. You learn specific communication techniques to establish, build and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues and other stakeholders based on respect and trust.
- BSBRSK501 – Manage risk
- BSBMKG514 – Implement and monitor marketing activities
- CHCPRP001 – Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
Advanced First Aid
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders.
- HLTAID006 – Provide advanced first aid*
*The Provide Advanced First Aid Competency can be completed with any First Aid provider. Evidence of your completion must then be provided to FIT College. FIT College may conduct these courses but there is an additional fee for this unit