The aim of the Suspension FIT Foundation Skills course is to provide foundation knowledge and practical overview for fitness professionals of the background, science and application of suspension training.All participants must be qualified and registered at Certificate III Fitness level to participate in the course and attain Fitness Australia CECs from participation in this course.
Foundation Skills course attendees should be able to:
- Understand the benefits of suspension training and how these activities can be integrated into normal training methods.
- Understand the safety considerations and how to safely and effectively set up and use suspension straps.
- Demonstrate the correct exercise techniques for different upper body, lower body and core exercises and combinations.
- Progress these exercises through a range of variables to cater for low risk client backgrounds and goals
- Design basic programs using the suspension straps
Typical Workshop Timetable
- 8.00 Foundation Suspension Knowledge – Safety, Set Up, Science
- 9.00 Practical – Pulling Matrix Exercises
- 10.00 Practical – Pushing Matrix Exercises
- 11.00 Practical – Leg Matrix Exercises
- 12.00 Break
- 12.30 Practical – Core & Arm Matrix Exercises
- 1.30 Program Design & Sequencing
- 3.00 Summary and Assessment
- 4.00 Course Finish