The aim of the Kettlebell FIT Foundation Skills course is to provide foundation knowledge and practical overview for fitness professionals of the background, science and application of Kettlebell training. All participants must be qualified and registered at Certificate III Fitness level to participate in the course. However you must have a Certificate IV in Fitness or equivalent to attain Fitness Australia CECs from participation in this course.
Foundation Skills course attendees should be able to:
- Understand the benefits of Kettlebell training and how these activities can be integrated into normal training methods.
- Understand the safety considerations and how to safely and effectively use Kettlebells.
- Demonstrate the correct exercise techniques for different exercises and combinations.
- Progress these exercises through a range of variables to cater for different client backgrounds and goals.
- Design basic programs using the Kettlebell.
Typical Workshop Timetable
- 8.00 Foundation Kettlebell Knowledge – Safety, Set Up, Science
- 9.00 Practical – Kettlebell Core Lifts 1 (Goblet Squat, Kettlebell Swing)
- 10.00 Practical – Kettlebell Core Lifts 2 (Kettlebell Clean, Press)
- 11.00 Practical – Kettlebell Core Lifts 3 (Turkish Get Up)
- 12.00 Break
- 12.30 Practical – Kettlebell variations to common exercises
- 1.30 Program Design & Sequencing
- 2.30 Summary and Assessment
- 3.30 Course Finish