Studying with FIT College
Whether a Fitness or Personal Training student studies with FIT College online or face to face to face, the manner in which our students are assessed and managed throughout their Fitness or Personal Trainer course establishes a high standard of industry skills.
All critical practical assessment tasks are assessed individually by tutors or teachers either by observing the student deliver the skill face to face or by uploading a video of the tasks to their online assessment profile allowing students to be assessed regardless of location. The critical skills required for students to become work-ready must be assessed by a FIT College qualified teacher and assessor and we do not rely on a third party’s observation of these performances.
This quality control ensures that we produce a consistently high standard of graduates and that our criteria for each performance tasks is not watered down through non assessor qualified personal trainers providing feedback on students work.
Assessors from FIT College all hold the Certificate IV Training and Assessment Qualification and have recently updated this with the new Language Literacy and Numeracy (TAELNN411). Overseeing all assessors and teachers are senior staff with either topic specific (Sport and Exercise Science, Business, etc.) or Education related tertiary degrees.
Tutors work with students in many ways including, via the student portal communication logs, telephone chats, skype calls, and a range of social media. All assessors are experienced in both the industry sector they tutor in and education of students completing formal qualifications.
Due to the critical nature of ongoing education across a range of industries FIT College deliver qualifications for, we also offer a number of additional opportunities to remain updated and for important certifications to be renewed.
Courses offered at FIT College
- A Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) is your entry level course into the Fitness Industry. It will give you the opportunity to become a Gym Instructor. More info
- A Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215) will give you the opportunity to become a fully qualified personal trainer. More info
- A Diploma in Fitness (SIS50215) will give you the opportunity to become a fully qualified Specialised Exercise Trainer. More info
- A Certificate III in Sports Trainer (SIS30813) provides the skills and knowledge for an individual likely to undertake a career as a sports trainer at a regional or state or territory level. More info
- FIT College offers a range of additional qualifications in Training and Education including the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) will give you the opportunity to become a fully qualified Trainer and Assessor. More info
- Additional qualifications include the Diploma of VET and Diploma of TDD. More info
- FIT College offers a range of additional qualifications in Business and Management. More info
- FIT College offers a range of additional First Aid qualifications. More info
- FIT College offer a range of CEC courses across the year to our students, affiliates and fitness professionals in order to extend the educational value and services we provide. More info