Become a Trainer and Assessor
Certificate IV Training and Assessment -TAE40110
A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) will give you the opportunity to become a fully qualified Trainer and Assessor. A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) will give you the ability to:
- use a range of communication skills, such as listening, questioning, reading, interpreting and writing documents;
- use effective facilitation and interpersonal skills, including verbal and non-verbal language that is sensitive to the needs and differences of others;
- develop and evaluate learning programs customised for individual or group needs;
- interpret the learning environment and selecting delivery approaches which motivate and engage learners;
- interpret collected evidence and making judgements of competency;
- use technology to enhance outcomes, including online delivery and research using the internet;
Become a fully qualified Trainer and Assessor
This qualification reflects the roles of individuals delivering training and assessment services in the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
Achievement of this qualification or an equivalent by trainers and assessors is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015, as outlined in Standard 1, Clauses 1.13 – 1.16.
This qualification, or the skill sets derived from units of competency within it, is also suitable preparation for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program.
Contact FIT College today to discuss your training and assessment course options and opportunities as a Trainer and Assessor.
What a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment will get you
- You will be classed as a Nationally recognised trainer to deliver training in the VET (Vocational Education and Training) system
- Ability to deliver and assess any nationally recognised unit of competency or full qualification that you or the RTO you work for has the competence to deliver as long as it is on the scope of the RTO (approved by the Department of Education and Training) to deliver
- You will be able to complete a training needs analysis, unpack units of competency, prepare a training and assessment plan, design and deliver training, and assess competency
- You will be able to design learning programs, deliver and assess training in one-on-one and group settings, and participate in assessment validation
You can gain work as a:
- enterprise trainer
- enterprise assessor
- registered training organisation (RTO) trainer
- RTO assessor
- training adviser or training needs analyst
- vocational education teacher.
There are no pre-requisites required to enrol in a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Topics and Competencies covered in FIT College Certificate IV Training and Assessment -TAE40110
Module 1 – Learning Design
- TAEDES401A – Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A – Use Training Packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
Module 2 – Deliver and Facilitation
- TAEDEL401A – Plan, organise and deliver group based learning
- TAEDEL402A – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDEL301A – Provide work skill instruction
- BSBCMM401A – Make a presentation
Module 3 – Assessment Process
- TAEASS301B – Contribute to assessment
- TAEASS401B – Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B – Assess competence
- TAEASS403B – Participate in assessment validation
Interested in further details?
Request an Information Pack Now