Become a Sports Trainer
Certificate III in Sports Trainer - SIS30813
A Certificate III in Sports Trainer (SIS30813) reflects the role of individuals who apply the skills and knowledge to undertake a career as a Sports Trainer at a regional, state or territory level. Likely functions for someone with this qualification include performing pre and post event taping as part of providing injury prevention and treatment for athletes, developing warm up and cool down programs and assisting with the management of sports injuries under the guidance of a health professional. Those with this qualification would also liaise with coaching and other related support staff. A Certificate III in Sports Trainer (SIS30813) will give you the ability to:
- Communicate with athletes to determine and interpret their specific needs
- Show initiative and independence in assisting with management of sport injuries;
- Work in the structure of sports medicine networks and access sources of information within the sport industry; and
- Collecting and recording information to undertake the efficient planning and delivery of injury prevention, warm up and cool down programs; time management to schedule player taping to meet training or competition deadlines.
FIT College will provide you with the tools, support and network to kick start your career as a Sports Trainer with the perfect course for you.
Become a Sports Trainer
When you graduate with a Certificate III in Sports Trainer – (SIS30813) from FIT College you can work as a qualified Sports Trainer across a range of sports and applications.
Sports Trainers are trained in sports injury management techniques, policies, procedures and regulations; analysing new injury prevention strategies and how to access professional development opportunities to enhance sports trainer performance.
Contact FIT College today to discuss your Sports Trainer course options and opportunities.
What a Certificate III Sports Trainer - SIS30813 will get you
- Work First Aid, Sports Injury Prevention, and Management
- Provide individually tailored warm up and cool down procedures
- Provide taping across a range of joints and across varied sporting applications
- Providing Risk analysts and Work Health Safety oversight
You can gain work as a:
There are no entry requirements for this qualification
Topics and Competencies covered in FIT College Certificate III in Sports Trainer (SIS30813)
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid/li>
- SISSSPT201A – Implement sports injury prevention/li>
- SISSSPT302A – Provide initial management of sports injuries/li>
- SISSSPT303A – Conduct basic warm-up and cool-down programs/li>
- SISSSPT304A – Tape ankle, thumb and fingers/li>
- SISSSPT305A – Support sports injury management/li>
- SISSSPT307A – Conduct advanced taping/li>
- SISXRSK301A – Undertake risk analysis of activities/li>
- SISXWHS101 – Follow work health and safety policies/li>
- PUAEME005A – Provide pain management/li>
- HLTAID006 – Provide advanced first aid/li>
- SISSSPT306A – Deal with medical conditions in a sport setting/li>
- SISSSCO306 – Provide drugs in sport information/li>
- SISXEMR201A – Respond to emergency situations
Interested in further details?
Request an Information Pack Now