Become a Gym Instructor
Certificate III in Fitness - SIS30315
A Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) is your entry level fitness course into the Fitness Industry. It will give you the opportunity to become a Gym Instructor.
This qualification reflects the role of instructors who perform a range of activities and functions within the fitness industry. Depending on the specialisation chosen, this qualification provides a pathway to work as an instructor providing exercise instruction for group, aqua or gym programs.
They work independently with some level of autonomy in a controlled environment such as fitness, leisure, aquatic and community centres where risks are managed through preexisting risk assessment and hazard control processes.
FIT College will provide you with the tools, support and network to kick start your career in Fitness with the perfect Fitness course for you.
Become a Gym Instructor
When you graduate with a Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) from FIT College you can apply to register with Fitness Australia in the category of Gym Instructor. You will be involved in the assessment, training and supervision of a variety of people in health and fitness centres, gyms, sports centres and community organisations.
Gym Instructors are trained in fitness activity specific competencies to instruct individuals and group clients in specified work environments, under predictable circumstances. They can work under the guidance of a highly qualified professional.
Contact FIT College today to discuss your fitness course options and opportunities in the Fitness and Personal Training Industry.
What a Certificate III Fitness will get you
- Work within predictable settings such as a fitness facility, recreation or community facility
- Provide individually tailored client assessments, program development, program demonstration and client reviews
- Provide supervision of a facility or service (i.e. observing client use of facilities)
- Providing technique correction as needed, keeping equipment clean/tidy/well-maintained, being available for customer inquiries or assistance)
- Typically reports to a manager but is not always directly supervised during work duties.
You can gain work as a:
- Gym Instructor
- Circuit instructor
- Group fitness instructor
- Outdoor group instructor
There are no entry requirements for this qualification
Topics and Competencies covered in FIT College Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315)
Industry Scope & Service
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service
- SISXFAC001 – Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 – Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- BSBRSK401 – Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- ICTWEB201 – Use social media tools for collaboration and engagements
Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology
- SISFFIT004 – Incorporate anatomy & physiology principles into fitness programming
Health & Fitness Orientation
- SISFFIT001 – Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT006 – Conduct fitness appraisals
Programming for Fitness Instruction
- SISFFIT003 – Instruct fitness programs
Healthy Eating Information
- SISFFIT005 – Provide healthy eating information
Instruct Group Sessions
- SISFFIT007 – Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT011 – Instruct approved community fitness programs
Older & Specific Populations
- SISFFIT014 – Instruct exercise to older adults
- SISFFIT002 – Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
Interested in further details?
Request an Information Pack Now