Become a Strength and Conditioning Coach with FIT College
FIT College is proud to announce that we are a Registered Industry Provider for the Level 1 S&C Coaching Accreditation with the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA). If you graduated from FIT College with fitness qualifications after October 2016 you may be eligible to become a Level 1 S&C Coach with the ASCA.
WHAT FIT COLLEGE COURSES RELATE TO THIS ACCREDITATION?
- Only the qualifications under the new SIS training package relate to this accreditation.
- Students must have successfully completed Certificate III (SIS30315) and IV (SIS40215) in Fitness through FIT College
- You must also hold a current Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) and Provide CPR (HLTAID001) qualifications to apply
WHO IS THE ASCA?
- The Australian Strength & Conditioning Association is the peak body in Australia for accreditation of Strength & Conditioning Coaches. The ASCA website can be found HERE
- ASCA Coaches register with the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS) and require updating every 4 years. Details can be found HERE
WHAT CAN AN ASCA LEVEL 1 COACH DO?
Level 1 Coaches can:
- Work with club to state level athletes/teams.
- Provide S&C Services
*Please check with your insurance policy to make sure it covers provision of S&C services as some Personal Training insurers do not cover S&C
WHAT FIT COLLEGE GRADUATES NEED TO DO?
FIT College graduates must apply directly to the ASCA by doing the following:
- Complete and submit the FIT College Application form available from the ASCA website (scroll down till you see our logo) HERE.
- Send your ASCA application with the above documentation to the ASCA Head Office – The address is on the application
*For more information about this process please call Head Office and talk to our education team